Maintenance of Industrial peace.
· Settlement of industrial disputes.
· Adjudication of compensation claims and non-payment of wages.
· Registration and de-registration of Trade Union/Federations.
· Conducting of referendums for determination of collective bargaining agent and supervision of election proceedings of Trade unions and Federation.
· Audit and Scrutiny of the Annual Returns/Funds of Trade Unions and Federations.
· Enforcement of labour welfare laws in shops, commercial and industrial establishments
· Implementation of government policies and programmes for the gradual elimination of Child Labour.
· Collection of data and compilation of data pertaining to child labour.
· Coordination of government efforts for combating the issue of Bonded Labour.
· Registration and de-registration of factories, shops and commercial establishments.
· Enforcement of weights and Measures laws at shops, commercial establishments and petrol pumps.
· Training in various disciplines of industrial relation administration and financial management to the departmental functionaries, trade unions and management representatives at Industrial Relations Institute.
· Provision of training, information and advisory services to the industry for improvement of safety. Health and working conditions and environment.
· Distribution of Marriage Grants, Talent Scholarships and Death Grants.
· Allotments of Plots/Houses/Flats and estate management of labour colonies.
* Promotion of employment opportunities, collection and dissemination of labou market information and assistance to the Defense Forces by provision of data on