Function and Powers of Town Muncipal Administration
Functions & Powers of Town Municipal Administration as envisaged in section 54-A of the Punjab Local Government Ordinance 2001, shall be to:-
* prepare spatial plans for the Town in collaboration with Zila and Union Councils, including plans for land use, zoning and functions for which the Town Municipal Administration is responsible within the framework of the spatial/master plans for the City District;
* enforce, In addition to its own, all Municipal Laws for and on behalf of the City District Government, if required by such city District Government at the cost and expense of the latter;
* execute and manage development plans for the functions which are performed by the Town Municipal Administration;
* exercise control over Land use, Land Sub-division, Land development and zoning by public and private sectors for any purpose, including agriculture, industry, commerce, markets, shopping and other employment centers, residential, recreation, parks, entertainment, passenger and transport freight and transit stations within the framework of the spatial and Master plans for the City District;
* Prevent and remove encroachments.
* Procure and compile information provided by Union, Village Council and Neighborhood Councils of prioritized projects in the Towns.
* Prepare budget and, annual and long term Town Municipal Development programmes in collaboration with the Union Council, under the directions of Town Nazim.
* maintain, with the assistance of the City District Government, Union, Village Council and Neighborhood Councils, a comprehensive database and information system for Town Municipal Administration and provide public access thereto on nominal charges.
* propose taxes, cesses, user fees, rates, rents tolls, charges, levies, fines and penalties under Part-IV of the Second Schedule for approval of the Town Council and notify the same after such approval;
* collect taxes, cesses, user fees, rates rents, tools charges, fines and penalties.
* organize local sports, cultural and recreational events, fairs and shows.
* organized Cattle fairs and Cattle Markets;
* Regulate markets and services and issue licenses, permits, grant permissions and impose penalties for violation thereof as and where applicable
* manage properties, assets and funds vested in the Town Municipal Administration
* develop and manage schemes, including site development in collaboration with City District Government and Union Administration.
* Provide, manage, operate, maintain and improve the municipal infrastructure and services, including-
1. water Supply distribution other than integrated systems maintain by or on behalf of the City District;
2. sewerage System other than an integrated systems maintained by or on behalf of City District excluding sewerage treatment and disposal;
3. solid waste collection and conveyance to transfer stations designated by the Town but excluding treatment and disposal of waste;
4. street lighting;
5. slaughter houses;
* authorize an officer or officers to issue notice to a person committing any Municipal offence and initiate legal proceedings for continuance of commission of such offence or for failure to comply with the direction contained in such notice;
* prosecute, Sue and follow criminal, Civil and recovery proceedings against violations of Municipal Laws;
* maintain Town Municipal Records and archive; and
* prepare financial statements and present them for internal and external audit in the manner as may be prescribed
FUNCTIONS AND POWERS OF TOWN OFFICERS
* Ensure that the Official Work of the office under his administrative control is carried out in accordinance with law and the human and material resources placed at his disposal are optimally utilized to improve governance.
* Co-ordinate and supervise the activities of the office and ensure efficient service delivery by the functionaries under his administrative control.
* Supply information to the monitoring committee of the Town Council and Union Councils.
* Take appropriate corrective actions based on the information received from Monitoring Committee.
* Enforce relevant Federal, Provincial and Municipal Laws.
* Prepare development plans and propose budgetary allocations for their execution.
* Implement approved plans and polices.
* Authorize disbursement of performance bonuses to the employees.
* Prepare proposals for expenditures necessary for the proper conduct of programes, Projects, Services and other activities.
* Propose relevant Bye-laws on service delivery to the Town Municipal Officer.
* Act as Departmental Accounting Officer for his respective office and be responsible to the Accounts Committee of the Town Council.