(1) Air, water and land.
(2) All layers of the Atmosphere.
(3) All organic and inorganic matter and living organism.
(4) The ecosystem and ecological relationships.
(5) Buildings, structures, roads, facilities and works.
(6) All social and economic conditions affecting community life; and
(7) The inter-relationships between any of the factors in sub - clauses (1) to (6);
:: Moral and Legal Responsibility
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION IS OUR MORAL AND LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY. LET US MOVE AHEAD TO PROTECT OUR ENVIRONMENT FROM EACH KIND OF POLLUTION.
:: Pakistan Environmental Act 1997
AN ACT TO PROVIDE FOR THE PROTECTION, CONSERVATION, REHABILITATION AND IMPROVEMENT OF THE ENVIRONMENT, FOR THE RPEVENTION AND CONTROL OF POLLUTION AND PROMOTION OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT.
“Pollution’’ means the contamination of air, land or water by the discharge or emission of effluents or wastes or air pollution or noise or other matter which either directly or indirectly or in combination with other discharges or substance alters unfavorably the chemicals, physical, biological, radiational, thermal or radiological or aesthetic properties of the air land or water or which may, or is likely to make the air, land or water unclean noxious or impure or injurious, disagreeable or detrimental to the health, safety, welfare or property of persons or harmful to biodiversity;
:: Air Pollution
“Air Pollution’’ means any substance that causes pollution of air and includes soot, smoke, dust particles, odor, light, electromagnetic, radiation, heat, fumes, combustion exhaust, exhaust gases, noxious gases, hazardous substance and radioactive substance.